January 9, 2018
Top Tips on Weight Loss
Aleisha's 5 top tips on losing weight this New Year
Whether you’re looking to work off that extra weight from indulging at Christmas or give yourself a whole new body make over, these top tips can help you!
- Increase your water intake!Drinking water can boost your metabolism! Plus, drinking water before a meal helps you feel fuller and so you will consume less calories. Not to mention the benefits to your skin and general well being!
- Eat plenty of protein and small amounts of healthy fats in every meal.The combination of protein and healthy fats in a diet can reduce hunger and help to boost the metabolism!
- Try cooking with coconut oil!According to healthline.com these fats can boost metabolism by 120 calories per day! They can also reduce your appetite, so you could potentially eat up to 256 calories less per day.
- Increase your exercise levels!This one always comes up with weight loss, but it doesn’t mean you have to join vigorous gym classes. Even just going for a brisk walk once a day will help burn calories and kick start the breaking down of fats in the body. Should you be suffering conditions like arthritis and find it difficult to exercise why not give something like swimming or Pilates a go which is minimal impact and less strain on the joints. If you would like help with your workout plan why not come and see one of our personal trainers at Bridgeham for some advice.
- Quite simply the motto is move more and eat less!No matter what your diet consists of, if you are eating more calories than you are burning you may struggle to drop the weight. Try to monitor your eating with a food diary. This can then be matched up to your workout plan. Then see how well you are following the rule of calories in verses calories out!
Good luck with all your New Year, New You weight loss plans and don't forget that Bridgeham is here to help you reach your goals!