March 4, 2021
Top Tips on Weight Loss
At Bridgeham, we understand that losing weight can be difficult for many people and that it is not always as simple as eat less and move more. That’s why our multi-disciplinary team believe in taking a truly holistic approach to weight loss and wellbeing as they are inextricably linked.
Here are 5 top tips from Birgitta, our nutritionist:
1. Always eat a healthy breakfast, this helps balance your blood sugar levels and prevents the cravings for unhealthy snacks. A good breakfast for example would be a bowl of porridge or a poached egg served with avocado and spinach.
2. Chew well and take your time when eating. It takes your brain 20 minutes to register that you are full, so if you eat more slowly, you will actually want to eat less.
3. Some people find it easier to lose weight by grazing” all day on healthy snacks, to balance their blood sugar. Others say eating 3 meals a day help’s them lose weight, you need to find a plan that work’s best for you. Listen to your body.
4. Regular exercise increases your metabolic rate, decreases fat deposits, reduces food cravings and suppresses appetite. We offer a variety of Pilates group mat classes along with 1:1 sessions in the machine studio that can be tailored to your individual exercise goals.
5. Write a food/mood journal and make a note of either your weight loss journey or how your clothes are feeling. This is a great incentive when you have a bad day and feel like you are not getting anywhere. When you look back through your journal you will discover that you have lost more than you think and gained other benefits like an increase in your energy levels.
If your movement is challenged due to pain (arthritis or osteoporosis for example) then book a free 15-minute assessment with one of our osteopaths so they can review your current symptoms/movement patterns and discuss your Broken to Brilliant™ journey to exercising safely.
Along with our osteopathy, Pilates and nutrition services, we also provide many complimentary therapies that can support your weight loss journey; these include acupuncture, Pranic Healing, Hypnotherapy and TFT(Thought Field Therapy). All of which offer a FREE 15-minute consultation if you are curious about how they may be able to help you. Call our amazing admin angels on 01293 542245 to find out more!
“Since seeing Selena (acupuncturist), I have massively reduced my anxiety and I am back driving. I've lost a substantial amount of weight, given up sugar and alcohol, I feel more confident and I feel really happy. The changes in me haven't come about because my life has changed, I still have ups and downs, but my mindset has shifted for the better. I am still on my journey of weight loss, reducing anxiety and IVF but I have found this strength I never knew I had. I can't thank Selena enough, seeing her has been the one constant in the last 7 months. She had helped me where doctors and other counsellors could not. The staff are also so lovely in the clinic, it is so nice to come in." Sian