We are doing everything we can to protect our patients and ourselves from the risk of spreading Coronavirus.
We have performed an extensive risk assessment to assess the practice physically and procedurally to ensure we are compliant with latest regulations.
This risk assessment has been endorsed by an independent Health & Safety adviser.
Changes we have made within the building:
- We have a sneeze screen for the front reception desk
- The seating area in reception has been removed
- We have removed all carpets and linen from the reception area and treatment rooms
- We have installed new up-coving flooring in all treatment rooms
- We have installed sinks and mixer taps for all downstairs treatment rooms
- We have replaced the cloth chairs in the treatment rooms and reception with vinyl chairs. These will be easy to wipedown between patients
- We have sealed the floor of the downstairs laminate flooring for enhanced hygiene cleaning
- We are using a new disinfectant for all hard surfaces including floors (as used to disinfect ambulances)
- We have a one-way system to maintain physical distancing
For your appointment:
- We have a “closed door” policy whereby patients report their arrival and then wait in their car or outside until the practitioner is ready to see them. This helps to maintain physical distancing
- Appointments are being staggered to minimize congestion
- We ask all patients visiting the clinic to wear a face covering
- We are temperature checking all staff and patients on arrival and providing hand washing facilities and sanitiser for patients before they see their practitioner
- A one-way patient traffic flow system is inplace to ensure physical distancing measures. If in doubt, please stand still and check the two-meter distancing is maintained
- We are wearing full PPE equipment, including face shields to wear over our masks when we see patients categorised as high risk
- We are sanitising the treatment rooms between patients, and the general areas regularly throughout the day
Pilates classes in clinic
- Our Movement Studio has been adapted to allow for physical distancing. The studio can accommodate up to 8 people on mats and we intend to ZOOM the instructor teaching class at the same time for those wishing to take class from the comfort of their own home!
- Instructors are screened daily to ensure they are fit and well
- Windows will be kept open to increase ventilation
- Instructors will maintain 2m social distancing and will be teaching class from their own mat
- The instructor will clean touch points between each class.
What we ask Pilates attendees to do:
We have put into place the following protocol to offer maximum protection to all our patients/Pilates attendees and ask that anyone coming to the clinic for Pilates complies with this protocol.
What to bring:
- Please bring your own equipment to class – 2 spikey balls; green Pilates over-ball, bands – 1 pink and 1 purple and hand weights (you can bring two tins if you don’t have weights), head pillows if required. All items (except the weights) can be purchased from the clinic in advance at a cost of £32 (including a lovely Bridgeham bag to keep them in)
- Bare feet will not be permitted so please wear non-slip socks
- Bring a beach or bath towel and a hand towel/head pillow to use in class to cover our foam rollers and mats
- Please bring your own water bottle
What to expect:
- Class attendees should arrive 2-3 minutes before class is due to start or wait in their car – there is no waiting room available and we are unable to offer teas and coffees at this time
- You will be temperature checked on arrival
- Please follow physical distancing guidelines whilst moving through the clinic to the bathrooms to wash and sanitise your hands
- Be dressed ready to join class as there is no shower or changing facilities available
- Face coverings should be worn up until you have finished washing and sanitizing your hands and the instructor gives permission to remove them at the beginning of class
- Gloves may be worn in the machine/movement studio but are not compulsory
- Classes will be 50 minutes to allow time for the first class to exit the building and the second to enter
- Please wear layers in case you are cold as the windows will be kept open to allow good ventilation
- Please wear your mask and re-sanitise your hands before leaving the clinic
- Do not stay in the clinic after class unless you need to speak to a receptionist. You are more than welcome to chat outside on the grassy area of the car park
Massage appointments in the clinic
- Wear your face covering to and from your appointment
- Please bring two large towels with you for your practitioner to use as modesty towels during your appointment
- Bring your own water bottle to ensure you stay hydrated
Please be aware we are still not able to see patients who:
- Have Covid symptoms themselves or are in a household where somebody else has Covid symptoms. Please remember the symptoms include loss of sense of taste/smell
- Anyone that is currently following the 14-day self-isolation guidelines
If you have any questions about our procedures or practices contact us on 01293 542245 or email email@example.com
Please complete our feedback form so that we can learn from you and perhaps share your experience at Bridgeham.
We thank you all for trusting us and investing in improving your physical, mental and emotional health at Bridgeham. We wish for everyone continued resilience and boosted health...perhaps even journeying beyond #brokentobrilliant as we all endeavour to embrace life with the coronavirus as lifting lockdown continues.