November 2, 2021
According to the Mental Health Foundation 74% of UK adults have felt so stressed at some point over the last year they felt overwhelmed or unable to cope.
At Bridgeham, our aim is to help with everything from physical and health issues to mental health and emotional ailments. With our holistic approach to health and wellbeing we offer massage, reflexology, acupuncture, nutrition, hypnotherapy, counselling, Pranic healing and foot health to complement our mechanical treatments of osteopathy, Pilates and Garuda.
Here's just some of the ways our team can help with stress:
- Sleep - We all know getting a good night's sleep is good for us, but how many of us are actually getting one? Check out our blog with some top tips for improving the quality of your sleep.
- Nutrition with Birgitta - Adrenal Fatigue is a stress-related condition that occurs when your adrenal glands, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland are functioning below their optimal level. One of the most common symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue is strangely enough fatigue. But there are other symptoms that you may experience. Find out more in this blog by Birgitta our nutritionist who can help support this condition through diet and nutrition.
- Massage - This can be a great way of reducing stress levels for lots of people! According to The Franklin Institute and their studies on the human brain and stress, “Massage releases endorphins that calm the peripheral nervous system.” Our incredible therapeutic relaxation massage therapists offer a selection of different types of massage to suit everyone, find out more here!
- Acupuncture with Selena - Research has shown that acupuncture treatment may specifically benefit stress and anxiety disorders, you can read more here on the British Acupuncture Council’s website.
“I was recommended to see an acupuncturist because I suffer from social anxiety including the inability to eat in public and attend parties. I couldn’t believe how quickly I felt better after just a couple of visits with Selena. The effects of my anxiety weren’t just psychological but also physical with headaches, sore back and tense muscles. After 3 years, I’m about to go on my first holiday abroad and have been out for meals and enjoy more comfortable social interactions. I’m grateful to Selena for her help and support and would recommend acupuncture to people suffering not only physical but psychological difficulties. All the staff at Bridgeham made me feel very welcome and Selena was very kind and listened without judgement. I think it’s important to say that it is a welcoming place with nice friendly helpful staff because when you suffer with anxiety that is one of the things you really need. To be able to go somewhere and feel like you can put your trust in someone is important.”
- Hypnotherapy with Becky - Becky our hypnotherapist uses a combination of different therapies to help overcome many different issues, stress being just one of them. Find out more about the therapies she uses here.
- Meditation with Selena - Meditation is meant to be joyous & not hard work and it can be an incredible tool to add to your self-care tool kit! Selena runs weekly Saturday meditation sessions, please call our amazing admin angels to find out more 01293 542245.
"What a wonderful way to spend an hour on a Saturday morning. These meditation sessions are so wholesome and honestly leave me feeling uplifted and positive. A great way to set yourself up mentally for the week with accessible tips for everyday meditation. Thank you, Selena can’t wait for the next one."
- Counselling with Adrian - Therapy provides a safe and confidential space for you to talk to a trained professional about your issues and concerns. Your therapist will help you explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours so you can develop a better understanding of yourself and of others. Your therapist will be impartial but understanding. They will listen to you without judgment and help you explore your thoughts and emotions. They may offer information, but they won’t tell you what you should think or do. Book a free 15 minute consultation with Adrian by calling our amazing admin angels on 01293 542245.